The best motivation to keep exercising is to see the results of your hard work. Toned and stronger muscles, a more flexible body, a few pounds dropped and a feeling of wellness that comes from the confidence that you are looking good. You will start to see and feel the difference in your body.
However, it is all too easy to skip the odd day of your exercise regime and that can then lead on to an another and another day of little or no activity.
Here are 9 tips that will help to keep you motivated
- Taking a long look in the mirror could make many of us rush out to join a gym or at the very least take some action to get our bodies into a better shape.
- If you’re into walking and you need some company don’t forget the dog, mans best friend. If you don’t have one of your own take a neighbors with you.
- Drag your exercise bike in front of the TV. You’ll find the time goes by more quickly.
- If you hate the thought of exercise for exercise sake, join a tennis, squash or golf club and add huge enjoyment to your workouts.
- Set goals and log details of each work out. Writing it in diary form makes it easier to include notes on your diet as well as your exercise routines and weight.
- Reward yourself when you achieve a goal such as losing a few pounds or getting into a smaller dress size. Don’t forget that exercise is not only about losing weight but also keeping fit and therefore healthier.
- As you get older you will hear more and more of your friends complaining about the general aches and pains they have. If you keep up with your own exercise planning you will be less susceptible to these aging issues. Remember one of the great bonuses with exercising is the anti aging effect on the body.
- Buy an exercise magazine and take out a subscription. Get inspired by the latest techniques and workouts.
- Whenever possible, exercise as early in the morning as you can as this will rev up your metabolism and keep you feeling good and on top of things for the rest of the day.
Category: The Effects of Exercise